Friday, March 9, 2012

Our Friendly Elf, Peep

(Inspired by Elf on the Shelf)

For the past three years we have had a special guest stay with us through the whole month of December.  He arrives, at the front door, every December 1st with nothing but a letter for the boys and he mysteriously leaves sometime during the day on December 23rd.  The boys love their friend Peep and can’t wait for him to come.  This is the letter he brought the first year he came…

Dear Charlie and Oliver,

My name is Peep.  I am one of Santa's helpers and he has sent me to your house for a little while.  Santa has asked that your Mommy and Daddy set me somewhere in your house so that I can see you work, play and sleep.  I will be taking notes from time to time to see how well you are helping, listening and obeying.  On December 23rd I will leave your home and go back to the North Pole where I will give my report to Santa.

I am looking forward to being a guest in your home.  Charlie and Oliver you can take turns sleeping with me if you would like.  We can have some fun sleepovers.

I know I will be able to go back to Santa and tell him what good little boys you both are.  I hope you will make some room for me and that we will have a fun few weeks together.  I don't need anything but a hug from time to time.

Love your friendly elf, Peep

Here is a video of Peep arriving last year (2011).


No comments:

Post a Comment